Bouncinettes are intended for very young babies. They shouldn't be used for babies who can sit up or make vigorous movements.
Before you buy a bouncinette
- a wide base to prevent it tipping over
- safety straps to secure your child
- smooth, rounded edges.
Using a bouncinette safely
- Only use your bouncinette on the floor — it will fall off raised surfaces such as tables or benchtops.
- Never leave your child unattended.
- Never carry your child in a bouncinette — they may fall out.
- Stop using the bouncinette as soon as your child can sit up or make vigorous movements.
Reporting an issue with bouncinette safety
If you have a safety problem or concern with a bouncinette, let us know.
Under the Consumer Guarantees Act you can get a refund, replacement or compensation if goods are unsafe. The Consumer Protection website has more information about what to do when you have a problem with goods.