Report an unsafe product
Notes about this form
We're grateful for information from the public. Reports about potentially unsafe products are important to us, as they help us understand what issues cause the most harm to New Zealand consumers and where best to direct our resources.
What we will do with your report
- We review every report we receive. We may contact the business as a result of your report, and we may share information about the product you’ve reported as potentially unsafe. We will not share your name or contact details with the business, we will only use these details if we need more information from you.
- We can remind business of their obligations to consumers and what they need to do if they want to make a voluntary recall of a product.
- We will use your report to help us build a picture of the product safety environment in New Zealand, which is used to inform enforcement decisions.
What we can't do
- We can't investigate the reports we receive, make decisions about the safety of the product you have reported, and we can’t take an action against the business.
- We can’t help to resolve disputes with business. There is some helpful information on steps you can take to resolve a product safety issue and how to enforce your consumer rights.
- We can't deal with product safety issues relating to food, medicines, energy or vehicles. See what we do and don't do, and who can help for more information. If we refer your report to another agency, we'll let you know so that you can follow up with them.